In-clinic exercises prior to your treatment are very important. Use this page as guidance if you forget your exercises, or are unsure of how to do any of them.
To gently stretch the neck prior to treatment, or for maintenance care at home, you can watch this video, or you can look at the pictures for guidance.
1. Place Cervical traction at proper height (roll should be at shoulders)
2. Place sponge behind neck, and roller underneath chin.
3. Standing close to the wall, do gentle, slight knee bends and hold at a comfortable level for 2-3 seconds.
4. Repeat 30 times (If prescribed home exercises, do twice a day)
5. If you experience pain in your low back or neck, check if you are too far or too close to the wall. Your rope should be straight down and not on an angle. Do not bend your knees as much, or hold the stretch for as long.
Head Weight Exercise
To maintain changes being made in the spine and to your posture, head weighting is recommended after treatments and as maintenance at home. You can watch this video see the pictures below for more information on your head weight exercise.
1. Secure Head weight Straps to your head by pulling tightly while wearing it.
2. Always make sure you start with only 2 WEIGHTS, gradually moving up to 4 when the doctor tells you.
3. After your treatment, walk for 3 minutes without moving your head up and down, or side to side. (More advanced patients can walk for 10 minutes, twice a day) Repeat daily.
Wobble Cushion Exercises
There are 3 main exercises done before treatment in the clinic, and at home.
1. Arch your back as much as you can to create a rounded spine.
2. Sit back up as straight as possible while bringing your shoulder blades together.
3. Repeat 30 times at your own pace, and arch and stretch at your own capabilities and comfort level.
Exercise 1-Step 1
1. Bring hands together in a prayer pose
2. Attempt to bring your elbow to your hip while lifting your hip to
meet your elbow.
3. Repeat each side 30 times and your own pace and comfort level.
1. Bring your arm straight out in front of you.
2. Bring them to the left side while lifting the left hip.
3. Sway them to the right side while lifting your right hip.
4. Repeat each side 30 times at your own pace and comfort level.
Cervical Flexion Exercise (At-Home)
A little workout for the neck and a strong foundation is built. This gentle neck exercise is done at home with the use of your roller.
You can watch the Video here.
1. Lay on your stomach on a bed and place a red roller underneath your forehead.
2. Gentle and firmly press your forehead down into the roller and hold it for 3 seconds before releasing.
3. Repeat 30 times, twice a day. If any pain is associated with the exercises, put less pressure when pushing down, or do fewer reps, eventually building up to 30.
Additional Home Care Kit Items and Uses
1. Replace your regular pillow with your cervical pillow. (A cover is provided for washing).
2. Place the cervical pillow right underneath your skull, at the base of your neck so it creates an arch that will make your head tilt back.
If at any time you are unaware of how to use the equipment or have other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the clinic at 905-884-2121. We are always here to assist you in your rehabilitation.